Global Service Learning Programme 2019 - 2020
The Education Authority Children and Young People’s Service and the Youth Work Alliance are launching the application process for their Global Service-Learning Programme for 2019-2020. This unique, exciting and innovative opportunity will benefit young people aged 15-18 years of age. The GSL programme will involve participation in an 18 month three-phased programme commencing September 2019 and will include a cultural immersion element in the United States of America during 2020.
Three information workshops are being offered to groups interested in applying, as follows:
28 May 2019 - 2.00pm - 4.00pm - St Mary’s Youth Centre, 195 Obin Street, Portadown, BT62 1BT
29 May 2019 - 10.00am - 12.00pm - Long Tower Youth Club, Brandywell Showgrounds, Anne Street, Derry / Londonderry, BT48 6BP
30 May 2019 - 10.00am - 12.00pm - Finaghy Youth Resource Centre, 59-73 Finaghy Road South, Belfast BT10 0BY
Attendance at one of these workshops is essential if you are interested in applying. The workshops will include presentations providing an overview of the unique elements of the GSL programme and outline the process and procedures involved. There will be an opportunity for you to ask questions and to make an informed decision regarding your potential involvement in this programme. At the end of the workshop you will be able to access the full application form to be completed and returned by 21st June 2019: the completed application is to be accompanied by a short 5-minute video.
In advance of registering for one of the workshops, please be aware of the essential criteria:
• Open to EA Statutory Youth Service and EA Registered Local Youth Groups.
• Project Lead and young people must be committed to participation in an 18 month programme, including the delivery of a social action project on return to NI.
• Young people must be aged between 15-18 years at the time of travel.
• Willingness and ability to raise £3,000 as a contribution towards programme costs.
• The lead youth worker must have experience of delivery of international youth work programmes or GSL programmes in the last five years.
• The lead youth worker must have the ability to facilitate/deliver accredited training.
To register for one of the workshops, please email your details to Erena Turner, email@example.com or Rodney Green, Rodney.firstname.lastname@example.org stating which workshop you will be attending.