World Scout Jamboree 2019 - West Virginia, USA
Girlguiding Ulster has a long history of sending a group of Guides to join with Guides and Scouts from throughout the UK, known as a contingent, to attend the World Scout Jamboree and this is your chance to apply for the Guiding opportunity of a lifetime!
Focusing on a programme of global development, peace, cultural understanding, adventure, fun and friendship, the WSJ is a fantastic experience for Guides, Senior Section, Young Leaders and Leaders alike. In 2007 the Scout Association hosted the 21st WSJ in Essex and in 2011 the UK contingent traveled to the 22nd WSJ in Sweden. In 2015, the UK members made the exciting journey to the 23rd Scout Jamboree in Japan, comprising of over 3,500 youth and adult members. Each contingent has their own memories and experiences but it is safe to say that the World Scout Jamboree is a unique, rewarding and fantastic experience for everyone involved.
The 24th World Jamboree will take place at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia and the dates of the event are 22nd July - 2nd August 2019. The event is being hosted by the Boy Scouts of America, Scouts Canada and Scouts of Mexico. This is the largest event delivered by Scouting worldwide and 45,000 young people and adult volunteers are expected to attend from over 150 countries.
Who is Eligible?
Guides and Senior Section members who were born between 22nd July 2001 and 21st July 2005.
The overall cost of this Jamboree is £3495.
- Any girls wishing to apply should complete to participant application form to attend the Selection Day at Lorne on Saturday 14th October 2017. The cost for the day is £15 to cover the cost of activities and the girls should bring a packed lunch.
- Parent / Guardian signs the application form, ensuring that the permission to be contacted by email has been completed, and takes a copy.
- Girl attaches a recent photograph (less than six months old) and forward to unit leader.
- Unit leader completes appropriate recommendation, signs the form and forwards to County Commissioner.
- County Commissioner reads the recommendation, gives approval and sents it forward to the International Advisor.
For more information please click the attachments below. Please note that there are separate application forms for Participants and Leaders who wish to apply. Please click here to be redirected to the WSJ 2019 website for further details.
The closing date to have your form returned is Wednesday 20th September 2017 and sending details are included in the documents below.
Do not miss this opportunity to be part of a once in a life time experience! Good luck everyone!